Friday 31 October 2014

First month overview, in case anyone is interested.

I'm just going over the first month of page views and I guess I'm doing all right with over 1000 pageview in the first month and definite growth there in the last week, peaking at over 100 a day in the middle of the week. It's not the most popular blog on the web yet but I think I am doing all right. Most of my views come from Australia but I have a growing number of pageviews coming from the U.S. and a small but steady following in France.

The top 5 posts (in order) were:
2 Oct 2014

3 Oct 2014

28 Oct 2014

1 Oct 2014

10 Oct 2014


 I do have to say, as an entomolgist, I'm very disappointed in you guys. I imagined my audience would be more interested in the freaky but biologically interesting creatures, not the weird looking charismatic macro fauna. All three fish came in the top 5 most viewed pages and vertebrates made up 5 out of the top 10 most viewed pages even though they are less than 1/3 of the posts. Only 1 insect made it into the top 10, despite the fact that they are nearly ¼ of the posts and that was probably because it was the first post and has been up there the longest. Oh well, I guess there is no accounting for taste, you guys like fish. To your credit Ophiocordyceps is Number 1, and I guess it is definitely a contender for the coolest of them all.  


Tell your friends about your favourite post in this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Which insect made it in to the top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papilio troilus was the only insect to make it into the top 10, coming in 4th.

    ReplyDelete